Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Homemade Strawberry Poptarts



After I saw this recipe posted on one of my favorite blogs, I had to try it out. They turned out great, taste-wide. As for the looks, it was a little bit of a disaster. I had a horrible time rolling out half the dough and cutting it freehand into 9 rectangles and then rolling the other half and cutting another 9 rectangles to fit nicely on top of the first 9 rectangles. It was frustrating, needless to say.
Then one Valentine's Day, I decided to make heart-shaped poptarts. After using the heart-shaped cutters, I realized that solved my problem of cutting freehand rectangles and making sure the tops and the bottoms matched. What a brilliant idea! Now I can make more than 9, which is a great thing, since this tops my husband's favorites list. Now I just need to improve the sealing of the poptarts so they don't leak the filling out because that is the best part, according to my husband.
This last time I made it, I rolled the dough as thin as I could, per my husband's request, and made more strawberry filling. I was able to make about 2 dozen Poptarts. They still didn't last long, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment