Friday, September 6, 2013

Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

I needed to see if it was possible to decorate a cake using cream cheese frosting like a buttercream or if it is too soft to decorate with. So of course, I needed a cake to frost, but I didn't know what since I already made red velvet and pumpkin spice. I decided I was going to go with a vanilla cake, until I saw the box of strawberries in my fridge that needed to be used immediately. Then I thought, a strawberry cake should go well with a cream cheese frosting since there are people out there who make a cream cheese-based dip to go with a platter of strawberries (but I am not one of those people).

Turns out I was right...it was a fabulous combination! 

Decorating with the cream cheese, however, was not quite so fabulous. I was trying to create a ruffle look on the cake, but the frosting was as I thought, too soft. Plus I just need to practice...A LOT! I think I will try the ruffle look with a buttercream next time and see if it turns out any better.



No comments:

Post a Comment